[pgpool-general: 1932] PCP client authentication question

Sam Wouters sam at ericom.be
Wed Jul 24 23:22:37 JST 2013

Hi,

I'm setting up a pgpool-2 cluster with auto failover, failback and
follow master commands and such.
All is working fine, but I have a question about the pcp authentication.

User and password hash are defined in pcp.conf, which is good.
However, when using a "follow_master_command", I want to script a
pcp_recovery_node command, which makes me put that user and password in
clear text in a script or in some kind of settings file which I then
have to source from that script.

Is there some way of granting access to a "local only" user of passing
the password encrypted to the pcp_* commands?

regards,

Sam