No subject

Sun Nov 18 18:09:07 JST 2012

password from a new line or if it is passed as an environment variable.

If I set the password, each time, pgppol is showing different md5 values as=
 being received from frontend and pgpool. Does this have any significance?

1) First time
frontend:md5dcfebe668476221778df83b5b42c241b
pgpool:md5b470bbdf80e844f300d96870f14263b9
2) Second time
frontend:md59ff6d16d379b05cb726c64af24d20c8e
pgpool:md5e0b9662db9cda4cac7b91c5c29ceb34f

Does IPV6 have anything to do with this behavior?

Regards,
Jayadevan
-----Original Message-----
From: Tatsuo Ishii [mailto:ishii at postgresql.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:56 AM
To: Jayadevan M
Cc: ishii at postgresql.org; pgpool-general at pgpool.net
Subject: Re: [pgpool-general: 1706] Re: pgpool - issue with md5

Oh ok. My mistake. Because no "pool_passwd" string was in the log, I though=
t it's irrelevant to the issue. Anyway, next time please specify "-s 128" o=
r something like that for strace command. This will show full message of DE=
BUG statements in the log which are trimed by 32 bytes(default).

write(2, "2013-05-13 18:28:43 DEBUG: pid 1"..., 61) =3D 61
--
Tatsuo Ishii
Japanese: http://www.sraoss.co.jp

> Hmmm...That was precisely what I did. There was just one worker process w=
aiting for connection and I attached to that. As soon as I tried psql from =
a client machine, it spit out the messages in the file I sent. Anyway, let =
me try again in another machine and see if I get some output that is more h=
elpful.
> Regards,
> Jayadevan

rocess. Pgpool consists of multiple process. You need to attach one of pgpo=
ol child process you are trying to connect. Unfortunately the process is de=
termined by kernel, and we cannnot predict it. So here is the workaround:

> 1) set "num_init_children =3D 1". This will limit the number of process p=
ossbily selected by the kernel to 1. Restart pgpool.

> 2)  Look for the process number which looks like by ps:
>
> 5052 pts/6    S      0:00 pgpool: wait for connection request
>
> 3) attach strace to the process and start session from psql
> --
> Tatsuo Ishii
> SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
> Japanese: http://www.sraoss.co.jp
>
>> Hi,
>> I tried strace, with pgpool running in daemon mode, with debug option. W=
ould it be possible to have a look at the trace output and identify what is=
 wrong?
>> Regards,
>> Jayadevan

 or damage, if any, direct or indirect."