[pgpool-general: 644] Re: Replication/Load balancing not working as expected

Lazáro Rubén García Martínez lgarciam at vnz.uci.cu
Mon Jun 18 09:37:35 JST 2012

Set this properties in your pgpool configuration file, and run pgpool in debug mode (-d option)

log_destination = 'stderr'
print_timestamp = on
log_connections = on
log_hostname = on
log_statement = on
log_per_node_statement = on

With this properties you can see the queries sent to each node, and what is realy happen.

Opss!!!

I think you are connecting to the database directly, because you are using only these parameters "psql -h node2"

Are you connecting to postgresql through pgpool like this:

psql -U database_user -h ip_pgpool_host -p pgpool_port -d database_name ?

The efects of the load balancing funtion take place when there are many users connecting to pgpool concurrently.

I recomend you reading the pgpool FAQ page, in it there is a topic related with your load balancing question.

Regards.