[pgpool-general: 830] pgpool-II 3.2 RC3 released

Nozomi Anzai anzai at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Jul 31 17:59:49 JST 2012

Pgpool Global Development Group is pleased to announce the availability of
pgpool-II 3.2 RC3. We will release V3.2 as the stable version on Aug 3rd.

Users are encouraged to take part in our beta test program.
Please help us in testing and making pgpool-II 3.2 better!

You can download it from here:
http://www.pgpool.net/download.php?f=pgpool-II-3.2.0-RC3.tar.gz

Major changes from RC2 to RC3 are:

* Watchdog

- Add a check if the delegate IP isn't used yet when watchdog starts.
  (Yugo Nagata)

* Bug fixes

- If frontend terminates while reading large number of query results
  from backend, pgpool continues to read from backend and write to
  frontend until all query results consumued. (Tatsuo Ishii)

  This will take very long time if query results is huge. To finish pgpool
  session as soon as possible, modify pool_flush_it to returns error if
  fail to write to frontend when operated in other than replication mode.
  In replication mode, we need to keep the previous behavior to save
  consistency among backends.

  Also fix SimpleForwardToFrontend to return pool_write_and_flush error
  status. Before it was ignored.

* Document

- Add mention that "on disk" query cache will be removed in the near
  future. (Tatsuo Ishii)

  Also change "restrictions" section regarding query cache invalidation
  because this was written for on disk query cache and does not apply to on
  memory query cache.