[pgpool-general: 802] Re: relcache_size in pgpool-II 3.2RC1

Lazáro Rubén García Martínez lgarciam at vnz.uci.cu
Wed Jul 25 08:03:38 JST 2012

Thank you very much for the patchs.
I have installed the patch and the problem seems be solved, because I do not see the message "pool_search_relcache: cache replacement happend" anymore.

Another problem with memory query cache. I have installed the patch and the problem with the comments in from of the queries was solved but the queries inside and explicit transaction are not catched.

This code was developed in java and may reproduce this behavior:

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.DriverManager;
import java.sql.ResultSet;
import java.sql.SQLException;
import java.sql.Statement;
import java.util.Properties;
import java.util.logging.Level;
import java.util.logging.Logger;

public class JavaApplication1 {

    public static void selectJDBC() throws SQLException, ClassNotFoundException {
        Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
        properties.setProperty("user", "desarrollo");
        properties.setProperty("password", "desarrollo");
        for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++) {
            Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://10.13.8.206:9999/prueba", properties);
            Statement statement = connection.createStatement();
            statement.execute("BEGIN;");
            ResultSet resultSet = statement.executeQuery("/* criteria query */ select this_.id as id0_0_, this_.nombre as nombre0_0_ from public.persona this_");
            while (resultSet.next()) {
                System.out.println(resultSet.getString(1) + " " + resultSet.getString(2));
            }
            statement.execute("COMMIT;");
            connection.close();
        }
    }
        try {
            selectJDBC();
        } catch (SQLException ex) {
            Logger.getLogger(JavaApplication1.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, null, ex);
        } catch (ClassNotFoundException ex) {
            Logger.getLogger(JavaApplication1.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, null, ex);
        }
    }
}

Regards