[pgpool-general: 747] Questions about memory cache functionality in pgpool-II 3.2beta2

Lazáro Rubén García Martínez lgarciam at vnz.uci.cu
Wed Jul 18 05:17:56 JST 2012

Hello every one in the list. I am testing the new functionality on memory query cache. I think the functionality is great but I have some questions related with some configuration parameters.

1. Is there any relation between de parameters memqcache_total_size and memqcache_max_num_cache?

2. Suppose memqcache_total_size = 5 MB and memqcache_cache_block_size = 512 bytes. It means to me that the shared memory is devided in a total of 10240 blocks of memory, each one with 512 bytes of storage. If the query 1 has a size of 420 bytes and it is stored in the first block of memory, then another query is executed and the storage size of this is 150 bytes, then the free memory en the one block is wasted, because the result of the second query is stored in other block of memory?

3. What means memqcache_max_num_cache specify the number of cache entries? What means number of cache entries? Is there any relation between memqcache_max_num_cache and the total blocks of memory according to this formula (memqcache_total_size/memqcache_cache_block_size)

I'll appreciate your help.
Regards and thank you very much for your time.

Fin a la injusticia, LIBERTAD AHORA A NUESTROS CINCO COMPATRIOTAS QUE SE ENCUENTRAN INJUSTAMENTE EN PRISIONES DE LOS EEUU!
http://www.antiterroristas.cu
http://justiciaparaloscinco.wordpress.com