[sylpheed:37252] Re: Signatures not appearing in compostion window in 3.8.0beta1

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Apr 7 19:20:13 JST 2024

On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 09:52:33 +0200
José Luis González <bugs.jlg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using Debian stable (12)'s Sylpheed, just reminding. The package is
> maintained quite poorly by Ricardo Mones. I can elaborate, if
> necessary. I'm not a Debian Developer, but considering what a terrible
> maintainer he is I'm considering becoming one just to get Sylpheed
> decently maintained. It's just that I don't have the time for this now.

You are completely out of order in making such ill-conceived statements. I
don't know where you are coming from. Ricardo has been maintaining the
package for years for users such as you.

All I see from you on the debian bug tracker is feature requests and such like
which should be directed upstream, rather than expecting a debian packager to
be a developer on a the project they package.

In my opinion, you should offer an apology and you should try to show more
respect in future.

with regards

Paul