[sylpheed:35461] Re: how to move selected mails (obtained using search) from one folder to the other

Ricardo Mones mones at debian.org
Thu Sep 27 23:09:38 JST 2012

On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 21:12:52 -0700 (PDT)
Globe Trotter <itsme_410 at yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]
> I am in the inbox folder. I want to get all the e-mails that came
> from John Doe. So I do a search (Ctrl-F) using John Doe in the From:
> field. I get a listing of the e-mails in the search window. Now I want
> to move all these e-mails to a folder called JohnDoe (which already
> exists). How do I achieve this in one shot (using as few key strokes
> as possible, say)?

  With message search the only option is to save the list a a search
folder (which requires a name for the new folder), then enter the search
folder, select all (ctrl-a) and move (ctrl-o).

  Alternatively an use the search bar (View/Show or hide/Search bar in
case you have it hidden), that will update message list with the
matching mails, then select all...

  regards,
--
 Ricardo Mones