[sylpheed:34573] Minimal working plug-in in FreePascal

Anton Shepelev anton.txt at gmail.com
Mon May 16 00:51:10 JST 2011

Hello all,

I  have tried to write a minimal working plugin for Sylpheed
in FreePascal, using Hiroyuki Yamamoro's sample  "Test  Plu-
gin" as reference, and have run into a strange proglem.

My  plugin  successfully loads, adds a menu item, intercepts
plugin signals (syl_plugin_signal_connect)  and  application
signals  (g_signal_connect),  but it seems somehow to damage
the Gtk-2.0's window showing functions.

For example, a click on the

    Configuration -> Common preferences

causes Sylpheed to crash with the last message in the  debug
window being:

    Creating common preferences window...

The  same  happens  when  trying to create a new window from
within the plugin. The exception occurs during the  call  to
the gtk_widget_show_all function.

Do  you have any ideas as to the way a plugin can indirectly
cause a crash? Should anybody want to look into the problem,
I will provide the sources and binaries of my test plugin.

Anton