[sylpheed:33941] Fw: Re: Re: Two functions that does not work as expected

Raphael Frey freyraphael at lavabit.com
Sat May 8 03:32:20 JST 2010

Hi,

I am sorry, it seems that I described the option far too complicate. It
is right that clicking on the icon in the notification area does hide
respectively restore the programme. But, and this is not normal in my
opinion, using the minimization function of the window manager (e.g.
clicking on the minimization button) does minimize the programme to the
notification area too! All other mentioned programmes using a system
tray icon (Liferea, Transmission etc.) do still support the “normal”
minimization to the window list option.

I have just made two screencasts. Both screencasts show what happens
when clicking on the icon in the system tray first and then clicking on
the minimization button. One screencast shows Sylpheed [1], the other
Transmission [2].

Best regards

Raphael