[sylpheed:33875] Re: signature question

Ricardo Mones mones at debian.org
Thu Apr 15 09:43:27 JST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 09:55:52AM -0400, Bruce Bowler wrote:
> Anyone???
>

> On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:58:17 -0400
> Bruce Bowler <bbowler at bigelow.org> put fingers to keyboard and said:
>
> > I use sylpheed on both windows and fedora.
> >
> > On fedora, I have signature set to be file where file is really a pipe
> > that generates a new sig for each message.
> >
> > I'd like to do something similar on the windows side, probably using
> > "command output".  What, specifically, does sylpheed "look at" for
> > command output (or perhaps, how does sylpheed run the command?)

  You could theoretically use a named pipe too, but probably would require
  writting some specific program [0].
  The execute command seems not to be working, at least not for a simple
  bat file which echoes a line and invoked with "cmd /c c:/signature.bat"
  from sylpheed.
  The other option is to have a fixed file which another program updates
  with a new signature from time to time, the effect would be similar.

  regards,

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Named_pipe#Named_pipes_in_Windows
--
  Ricardo Mones