[sylpheed:32965] Re: feature request - master password to protect all account passwords

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Thu May 7 15:06:11 JST 2009

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response, because I was away on vacation.

On Sat, 2 May 2009 10:31:29 -0700 (PDT)
stef <stef_204 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

Actually I have received many requests about master password feature.
It will be implemented at some point in the future.

Currently I'm thinking how it should be implemented.
My current idea is:
 - encrypt passwords with AES-128 (or something) with master password
 - accountrc: password=(base64-encoded encrypted password)
              (or encrypt the whole accountrc?)
 - sylpheedrc: use_master_password=0/1

Of course this doesn't prevent someone gaining access to your computer
and take a look at already stored e-mails (they are also stored in plain
text).

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>