[sylpheed:33009] [BUGREPORT] scrolling to selected message fails when Sorting by thread date (was: Request for improvements)

Antonio Ospite ospite at studenti.unina.it
Fri Jun 5 18:44:33 JST 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:02:42 -0600
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at peoplepc.com> wrote:

> Antonio Ospite <ospite at studenti.unina.it> wrote:
>
> > I mean that the new message is _outside_ of the messages view, it is not
> > visible at all, like if when Sylpheed (or GTK+) tries to show it
> > scrolling the messages list it fails to calculate the scroll amount (or
> > direction). I am using sylpheed-2.6.0 from Debian Sid btw.
> >
> > Please try if you can trigger this bug setting:
> >   View -> Sort -> by thread date
>
> That's the way I usually sort (Win32).  What I rediscovered yesterday,
> is that the bottom thread will show the new messages (in that thread)
> that have not yet been read, but after that they disappear (hidden) off
> the bottom of the screen in subsequent views.  That's true even if
> re-marked as unread.  To view those then requires reopening the thread
> *and* scrolling down manually. It is a bit annoying and, as I said, was
> reported awhile back as an apparent bug.

Ok, now I can reproduce it every time:

1. get this scroll-test mail dir[1]
2. there are two marked (and colored) messages, mark them as unread and
   make sure Sorting by thread date is enabled.
3. Go into another dir and go back to this one, the first unread
   message is selected and visible.
4. Press Next unread message button, the next unread message is
   correctly selected, but the scrolling is wrong and it is not visible!

I am giving a look at summary_select_row() in summaryview.c, I firstly
thought the problem could be with gtkut_tree_view_scroll_to_cell() but
it happens also if I replace this call with a plain
gtk_tree_view_scroll_to_cell(). It also happens with or without
alignment.

Any hint?

Regards,
   Antonio Ospite