[sylpheed:33071] Re: wish: printing from create message window

Bob White bob at bob-white.com
Tue Jul 21 23:48:59 JST 2009

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:30:33 +0200
Ervin Peters <ervin.peters at ervnet.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when opening a message in sent folder it es opened in the create window.
>
> I need sometimes to print out my sent messages so I'd like to have a
> possibility to print there.
>
> Another thing: For printing on my gentoo box I invoke a little
> perlscript, which does the mail formatting via an TeX template and
> pdflatex. But Sylpheed transfers only the message body, not the
> currently viewed message part to the script.
>
> Would it be possible either to choose which parts are to print or to
> transfer tmpfilenames from the decoded parts to the script:
>
> $ printmail msgbody mimetype1 msgpart1tmpfile mimetype2
> msgpart2tmpfile ...
>
> ervin

Hello Ervin,

I may be missing something here, but selecting a message in the sent
folder (single click) allows me to print it from the 'File menu', or by
right clicking on the message in the summary view and selecting
'Print...'.  If I double click the file, I indeed get a new compose
window and can not print from it, but I can still right click in
summary view or select File -> Print from the main menu.

Bob W.