[sylpheed:32350] Re: Sylpheed and PyPanel compatibility problem [solved - sort of]

Onur Küçük onur at delipenguen.net
Fri May 23 06:29:15 JST 2008

On Thu, 22 May 2008 22:58:40 +0200
John Shane <jslists at mtwafrica.org> wrote:

> Well, problem solved, sort of, for all of you waiting with bated
> breath.;-) I discovered that it's possible to disable the system tray
> in pypanel (in .pypanelrc). Doing that eliminates the clash with
> Sylpheed.  It's not ideal but it get's around the problem.  There are
> standalone system tray programs available like stalonetray if
> necessary.  There are also other panel programs that don't clash
> with Sypheed but the point was to get Sylpheed and pypanel to
> coexist.  Anyway, that's the best I've come up with.  John

 I don't use pypanel but I am experiencing tray problems under kde,
especially with tray Icon visibility. I have a small patch (attached)
that fixes stuff for me, may work for you too.

--
 Onur Küçük                                      Knowledge speaks,
 <onur.--.-.delipenguen.net>                     but wisdom listens