[sylpheed:32298] Re: Sylpheed makes annoying noises when clicking on some folders...

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed May 7 05:20:49 JST 2008

Bob White <bob at bob-white.com> wrote:
> I would get a beep on some folders, but not others.  I found that if I
> sorted on something by clicking the top of a column, the beep would go
> away.  I'm not sure if that's the same problem you have, or what the
> beep was supposed to be telling me, but give it a try.

Oh great, you found the problem ! :-)

I experienced a bit with your suggestion in mind, and found the
opposite as you: the folders that do NOT produce a beep when I click on
them, are those whose messages are NOT sorted. But as soon as I click
on a column header to sort the messages, it triggers the beep !

I found that if I click on the left most column (the one with a check
mark), it resets the sorting, and the beep goes away.

Now there might an option ;-) to turn this annoying beep off, but if
not, a (real this time ;-) bug report is on order... luckily, should be
trivial to fix, a one liner probably, hopefully in the next Sylpheed
release ! :o)

--
Vince