[sylpheed:31361] Re: locked while automatically downloading new messages

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Mon May 28 18:11:31 JST 2007

On Mon, 28 May 2007 17:03:15 +0900, Hiroyuki Yamamoto wrote:

> It is intended that the UI is blocked until sending finishes. I think
> this was added to ensure that the composition window will not be
> modified while sending is in progress.

Hm. What composition window ?
Usually I put my messages in queue before sending. Then I hit "send".
After this, if any of the queued messages contains large attachment(s)
(it really matter if the size is bigger than 800K-1M), I am no longer
able to compose a new message, to receive another message(s) on current
or other account, to read existing e-mail on current or other account,
no nothing. Damn if there is more than message with attachments.
I find hard to believe that this was intended on purpose.

> Note that this doesn't mean Sylpheed is using blocking I/O.

Ok.

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară