[sylpheed:30803] Re: feature request - always use address book names

Laurence Darby ldarby at mips.com
Mon Jan 29 20:36:53 JST 2007

Pavlos Parissis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How about asking the Mail administrator to fix his MTA to not reverse the names???
>
> This request can not be consider as feature request because it just fixes the broken MTA.

I agree it should be fixed at the source of instead of the symptoms.
But in this case asking the admin would be as fruitful as asking
$DEITY.  So instead of manually fixing up the addressees on nearly
every mail I send I'd really like Sylpheed to do it automatically.

Also there's nothing in the feature itself that would say - "this is
a kludge for a broken mta", it's just a feature with a side effect of
hiding the symptoms :)

Thanks,
Laurence