[sylpheed:30775] automatic encoding is now assumed as 8 bit instead of UTF-8 when composing messages

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Mon Jan 22 10:28:46 JST 2007

I have just installed Sylpheed 2.3.1 and now the encoding error pops up
everytime, saying that it cannot convert UTF-8 to ISO-8859-2. Of course
it cannot do that with my accented characters, but who tells Sylpheed to
use 8 bit ISO encoding ?

If I close 2.3.1 and open 2.3.0rc, reediting the same queued message
will send as UTF-8 fine and with no popup errors / additional messages.
And vice-versa, if I queue a message with 2.3.0rc and then reopen the
same queued message with 2.3.1, the encoding alarm will bell.

In preferences, both encoding settings for send and receive are set on
Automatic.

??

Cristi