[sylpheed:30730] Email without dates

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at highstream.net
Tue Jan 16 22:37:34 JST 2007

  Is it possible for an email program such as Sylpheed to strip the date
field from an incoming email under certain circumstances, so that it
shows in the list as (No date)? I ask because this very claim was made
by a New York Times web tech the other day in response to a report that
two articles I had forwarded to myself from their site arrived without
dates. I get very few emails that way, and except for occasional spam
they are invariably from systems using a bulk emailer to send
newsletters or notices of some kind, such as job openings.  I wonder
what causes this.

Gene
2.3.0/Win32