[sylpheed:30726] Re: LDAP in Win32

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Tue Jan 16 11:15:47 JST 2007

Hello,

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:09:52 -0500
Mike Roddewig <mrroddew at mtu.edu> wrote:

> I've been trying to figure out if Syphleed supports LDAP in the Win32
> binary (non-Cygwin). I've looked on the internet but I can't find
> anything except that Claws supports it but I don't want to run my
> mail client under Cygwin. Does Syphleed support LDAP?

Unix version supports LDAP, but Win32 version does not.

The current implementation of LDAP in Sylpheed depends on OpenLDAP and
pthread. There is the win32 version of OpenLDAP, but pthread must be
replaced with win32 threads. It isn't complicated, so the porting will
be relatively easy (is there anyone who want to try? :).

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>