[sylpheed:30719] Re: MIME decoding is not done

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Fri Jan 12 18:46:56 JST 2007

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:38:35 -0500
Bruce Bowler <bbowler at bigelow.org> wrote:

> Just a lone voice in the woods, but I would advocate "strict adherence to
> the standard" and NOT allow the spaces.  I mean, after all, standards are
> standards, not guidelines.  If the standards are ignored, pretty soon
> Microsoft will "rule the world" (oh, wait, too late)

	I think the following principal applies here - be tolerant in what
you accept and precise in what you produce. In other words try always to
produce strict conformance to the standards and accept material that does
not conform whenever it can be done without causing problems. Following
this principle tends to maximise interoperability which is the main reason
for having standards in the first place.