[sylpheed:30704] IMAP offline support?

Daniel Hertrich daniel.hertrich at gmx.de
Wed Jan 10 00:54:43 JST 2007

Hello sylpheed-list,

I just subscribed, not sure if this is the right place to ask, so if not, I apologize:

May I suggest implementation of full IMAP server synchronization, so that offline operation is possible even using IMAP servers?
It would also greatly enhance searchability of emails.

I'm using Sylpheed on a Sharp Zaurus PDA, which is not permanently connected to the Internet, and dialup using a mobile phone on the road is expensive and cumbersome, so I only do it occasionally.
So far I have used POP3 servers, which worked well with this online / offline scheme, but now I switched to IMAP for various reasons, and suddenly Sylpheed on the Zaurus became much less useful.
It's such a great program that I'd really like to continue to use it.

On the Mac I use Apple Mail, which supports IMAP sync. It is really great. You can simply work, without having to care about the Internet connection.

Many thanks

daniel
--
Dipl.-Ing. Daniel Hertrich