[sylpheed:30673] Re: self-signed certificate for pop3s/smtps

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez rnsanchez at wait4.org
Thu Jan 4 01:35:18 JST 2007

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:56:19 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> > Get the root certificate of the server and incorporate it in
> > Sylpheed's cert.crt. I did it the following way - visit
> > https://server, install the certificate in browser, then export it as
> > a file and copy/paste to cert.crt. It works fine (ofcourse only if the
> > mail and web server use the same certificate)
>
> The file name is either one of ca-certificates.crt, ca-bundle.crt, or
> certs.crt. Put it into ~/.sylpheed-2.0/ (in Unix).

No luck yet.  I used Milan's tip to get the certificates, as the one via
https is different from smtps and pop3s.

I saw Sylpheed complaining about certs not being a directory or not existant;
so I created it and put the certs.crt file there.  Didn't work, too.

Any way of getting more verbosity about the certificate file (ie, if Sylpheed
scanned the file and didn't find any that matched, or didn't liked the format
of the file, or anything else)?

Thanks in advance.

--
Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez     <rnsanchez@{gmail.com,wait4.org}>