[sylpheed:30507] Re: Sylpheed 2.3.0beta6 released

Carsten Krüger C.Krueger at gmx.org
Thu Dec 7 16:09:58 JST 2006

Hello Hiroyuki,

>     * The default directory of the file selection dialog was changed
>       (in Win32, 'My Documents' is used.

this is against the "Designed for Windows XP" standard

Windows Catalog Criteria for Software
http://www.microsoft.com/winlogo/software/swcatalogcriteria.mspx

Designed for Windows XP Application Specification
(sfx-archiv with "Designed for Windows XP spec v2.3.doc" in it)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=209e3d65-f0be-4eef-8602-73bb9bc29d54&DisplayLang=en

Section 1
3.2     Classify and store application data correctly
Applications typically work with two fundamental types of documents: those that
are created by the user, and those that are created for use by the application itself.

IMHO the following place is correct:

[User Profile]\
        Application Data\
                [company name]\