[sylpheed:30476] Re: When use "Update summary"/"Strict checking of... summary caches" ?

Paul Dickson paul at permanentmail.com
Sat Dec 2 06:36:30 JST 2006

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:58:28 +0100, Daniel Déchelotte wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here are two things I do semi-regularly with my mails :
>  * delete unneeded attached files
>  * renumber the mails (with "folder -pack" from the nmh package)
>
> I always exit sylpheed before doing so, and restart it afterwards.
> No other applications ever touch my ~/Mail folder.
>
> Do I need to "enable strick checking of the integrity of summary
> caches" to let sylpheed notice the changes? What about forcing it
> to update its summary? I can't figure what those items do.
>
> Oh, and let me the first to suggest to integrate those features into
> sylpheed. ;-)

The .sylpheed_mark file contains the highlighting colors and locking
(undeletable).  This info can be kept and reordered by copying everything
(from within Sylpheed) to a new, empty folder, and then copying
everything back.

(Message locking, while available, isn't accessible from GUI.  I use a
short simple patch that overloads the color labeling to implement
locking.)

	-Paul