[sylpheed-announce:00108] Re: Sylpheed 3.1rc released

heymanj at acm.org heymanj at acm.org
Tue Jan 25 00:01:47 JST 2011

On 24 January 2011 at 18:16, Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sylpheed 3.1rc has been released.
>
> This is the release candidate of Sylpheed 3.1. If there is no problem,
> this will be released as 3.1 by just modifying the version number.
>
> http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/news.html
> http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/download.html#development
>
>     * Junk-filtered or trashed messages are not counted as new on mail
>       receiving.
>     * Show error dialog if junk mail filter command exit with fatal
>       error.
>     * The long-standing bug in undo/redo was fixed.
>     * The bug that caused crash if the quick search was executed while
>       folder tree was empty was fixed.

Hiroyuki,

I've just finished compiling on Mandriva 2008.0:

. kernel: Linux scosco.raleigh.ibm.com 2.6.22.19-desktop-2mdv
. gtk+2.0-2.12.1-2.1
. gcc version 4.2.2

With 3.1rc, when I incorporate new email, the number of unread messages
is correct in the Inbox folder, but the panel where the entries are listed
individually is no longer updated - I have to do an Update Summary to see
the new messages :-(

At least in my case, something has altered the default behavior and I'm
not sure what to correct.

Sincerely,

Jerry Heyman
       //  Jerry Heyman           | "Congress does not draw to its halls
      //   Amiga Forever :-)      | those who love liberty, it draws those
  \\ //    heymanj at acm dot org | who love power." Judge Andrew Napolitano
   \X/     http://www.hobbeshollow.com