[pgpool-hackers: 4238] Enhancing pgpool_setup and watchdog_setup

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Sun Dec 11 16:02:07 JST 2022

For Pgpool-II 4.5 I propose to enhance pgpool_setup and
watchdog_setup.  Currently these commands add some hard-coded
modifications to pgpool.conf and postgresql.conf. Mostly they are fine
but sometimes I want to modify those settings, for example tweaking
num_init_children and max_connections. For this we have to modify
config files by hand or create a shell script to modify the config
files. For pgpool_setup this may not be a big deal. However for
watchdog_setup this becomes harder because there are multiple
pgpool.conf in the watchdog cluster.

So my proposal is, adding new options for this.

-a file
   append content of the "file" to pgpool.conf

-apg file
   append content of the "file" to postgresql.conf

With this feature not only testing of pgpool using pgpool_setup and
watchdog_setup will become easier but some of regression tests will be
simpler, I believe.

Patch attached.

Best reagards,
SRA OSS LLC