[pgpool-hackers: 3611] Re: PCP command to interact with Pgpool-II cluster

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Mon May 4 11:13:16 JST 2020

Hi Usama,

> Hi Ishii-San
>
> Thanks for looking into the patch and valuable feedback.
>
> Please find the V2 of the patch that fixes the mentioned issues
> except the extended-query-test produces, that is failing because the
> expected
> output was generated by some different version of PostgreSQL and now the
> line number in the expected notice messages are coming out from different
> line numbers of the PG code.

No, the line number difference of the PG code has been already handled
in the test script:

	    sed -e 's/L [0-9]*/L xxx/g' $expected/$i > expected_tmp

This replaces the line number to 'xxx' so that the test ignores the
line number difference in the PG code.

However I found that the test failures are actually caused by this
commit, not by your patches:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=commit;h=eee4c86c03546abe4e33396c808c8425c23a443c

The extended query tests (actually scripts under "extra_scripts") rely
on the per_node_statements configuration parameter to print SQL
statements. Before those are only produced by Parse and Execute. With
commit now those are printed by not only Execute and Parse but
Bind. That's the cause of the test failure.

Sorry for my misunderstanding and I am looking forward to taking care
of this part.