[pgpool-hackers: 3518] [Proposal] Support LDAP Authentication

Takuma Hoshiai hoshiai at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Feb 21 13:49:08 JST 2020

Hi,

Pgpool-II can't use LDAP authentication now. I would like to support
LDAP authentication between client and pgpool in next Pgpool-II v4.2.

Currently I think about how to use LDAP configulation like postgres.
LDAP is used only to validate the user name/password pairs. LDAP parameter
(such as ldapserver,port, ldapbinddn, etc..) is specified in a row of pool_hba.conf.
When user connection is matched by ldap authentication rows in pool_hba.conf,
access ldapserver and search matching informatinonfor username/passord.

Plese see below for the way of LDAP authentication details:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/auth-ldap.html

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Best Regards,

Takuma Hoshiai