[pgpool-hackers: 3446] Re: Do we want to change enable_shared_relcache for 4.1?

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Sep 26 15:52:25 JST 2019

Ishii-san,

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 10:46:22 +0900 (JST)
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi Pgpool-II developers,
>
> Pgpool-II 4.1 will introduce new parameter called
> enable_shared_relcache to allow to share relcache among all child
> process. This will reduce the overhead of system catalog lookup. As
> far as I know, there's known down side or backward compatibility
> problem by enabling the feature. So I would like to propose to enable
> the feature by default.
>
> Any objection?

If enable_shared_relcache feature causes more overhead,
disabling this feature by default is better.

But from the benchmark test result, even if the number of tables is small,
the overhead is not high.

I agree to enable this feature by default.

Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>