[pgpool-hackers: 3419] How to get node occupation and execution time from statements?

José Roberto Emerich Junior jremerich at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 03:19:32 JST 2019

Hi!

I have 3 questions:

1. How can I get node occupation? I have pgpools in docker containers, and
I want to recycle the container when the occupation gets 95~99% to avoid
that the requests are denied.

2. Is there any way to get the execution time from statements? My system
has some users in Oracle and anothers in Postgres .. We are migrating to
Postgres. But the requests to Postgres have twice the time to the same
request that Oracle, but the Postgres servers (1 master and 1 slave in
native stream replication) are more robust then the Oracle's and it has
resources left. We're using about 30% of memory and 10% of CPU. I want to
find out if the pgpool configuration are satisfactory by comparing the
response time from postgres node log and the response time on pgpool.

3. May I try to improve the tool by contribuiting in the project? How can I
do this?

I hope you made me understand.

Thanks guys!