[pgpool-hackers: 3217] Re: watchdog lifecheck method with query mode does not work in 4.0.

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 18:19:15 JST 2019

Hi Ishii-San

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 11:52 AM Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> It is pointed out that watchdog lifecheck method with query mode does
> not work since 4.0.
>
> https://www.pgpool.net/mantisbt/view.php?id=455
>
> The cause of this is using thread unsafe function
> get_pgpool_config_user_password(). Making it thread safe requires none
> trivial work. So I tend to agree that we disable using AES encrypted
> password for lifecheck method = "query".

Yes that's true, making get_pgpool_config_user_password thread safe would
be lot of work.
I am thinking what if change the code and call
get_pgpool_config_user_password() from outside the thread function before
creating
the threads and pass in the password as the argument to the thread
function. This way we can keep supporting the  AES encrypted
password for lifecheck method = "query"

Thanks
Best Regards
Muhammad Usama