[pgpool-hackers: 3308] Re: duplicate failover request over allow_multiple_failover_requests_from_node=off

TAKATSUKA Haruka harukat at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Apr 16 18:42:40 JST 2019

Hello Usama, and Pgpool Hackers

Thanks for your answer.
I tried your patch adjusting it for V3.7.x.

In the scenario where the enabled health check find the connection failure
and its recover, it works fine. But in the scenario where the health check
is disabled and frontend requests find them, quarantine status is continued
in the pgpool.

I understand that this patch aims to recover from the quarantine status
by health check. I confirmed it works so well. I think it can be a help for
our customer at certain cases.

However, there is a problem Ishii-san pointed out, witch continues emitting
health check failure messages while its cause remains.

A pgpool node who notices that it cannot get consensus or it's a minority
will go down soon; I prefer this simple behavior rather than quarantining.
Does any one tell me the reason why this design wasn't adopted?

with best regards,
Haruka Takatsuka