[pgpool-hackers: 2888] Re: New feature: supporting SCRAM and CERT based authentication in Pgpool-II

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Jul 25 17:37:54 JST 2018

Hi Usama,

>>> Pgpool-II
>>> backend

I found that if both allow_clear_text_frontend_auth and
enable_pool_hba are on, then nobody can connect to pgpool.

t-ishii at localhost: psql -p 11000 test
psql: FATAL:  client authentication failed
DETAIL:  missing or erroneous pool_hba.conf file
HINT:  see pgpool log for details

This is a disaster and I think It's better for pgpool to refuse
starting. Or maybe we should ignore one of them (and start pgpool)
What do you think?