[pgpool-hackers: 2881] Re: Fix Pgpool-II Manual

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Jul 24 07:59:28 JST 2018

From: Takuma Hoshiai <hoshiai at sraoss.co.jp>
Subject: [pgpool-hackers: 2877] Fix Pgpool-II Manual
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 16:04:38 +0900

> Hi all,
>
> Found mistake for Pgpool-II Manual, so I created that patch.
> This patch fixes typo, and adds explain.
>
> Please comment, if there is a more better idea.
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Takuma Hoshiai <hoshiai at sraoss.co.jp>

I think following fix is not most appropriate since pgpool's default
option is "start", which means if none of "start", "stop" or "reload"
is specified, pgpool acts as if "start" is specified.

   <para>
     <command>pgpool</command> runs in 3 modes: start, stop and reload.
+    Without stop or reload, <command>pgpool</command> means start mode.
   </para>

Probably something like below is more appropriate.

If none of start, stop or reload is given, it is assumed that "start"
is specified.