[pgpool-hackers: 3023] Rename ssl_ to ssl_pgpool_
jesper.pedersen at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 03:36:20 JST 2018
As discussed in the "New feature: supporting SCRAM and CERT based
authentication in Pgpool-II" thread Pgpool-II 4.0 will gain SSL
certificate authentication (yay!).
This will be between clients and Pgpool-II, so Pgpool-II to PostgreSQL
is a TODO.
Attached is a patch that renames the ssl_ configuration variables to
Why this proposal ?
1) The future Pgpool-II to PostgreSQL work will likely add more SSL
configuration variables which likely will be similar to the current
ones, so adding _pgpool_ now will separate these out. We can use
_backend_ for the Pgpool-II to PostgreSQL ones then.
2) The 4.0 release will already require people to update their
pgpool.conf file due to the fail_over to failover rename. So, I think it
is better to let people rename their ssl_ variables now than having them
do that in a 4.1 release.
The patch includes
* Rename of the ssl_ variables to ssl_pgpool_
* Add a notice for deprecation of the ssl_ variables
* Updates the documentation
* Updates the sample configurations
* Updates the existing test case to use the new variables
A big thanks to Muhammad, and all the people contributing to the SSL
certification authentication for their work.
Thanks for considering !
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 26619 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the pgpool-hackers