[pgpool-hackers: 2339] Re: [pgpool-committers: 4036] pgpool: Use volatile pointer for Req_info variable.

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue May 16 20:55:30 JST 2017

Usama,

Watchdog uses shared memory and I wonder if some of pointer variables
to the shared memory are may need "volatile" to make sure that they
fetch the fresh value. What do you think?

/* shared memory variables */
char *watchdog_ipc_address = NULL;
bool *watchdog_require_cleanup = NULL;	/* shared memory variable set to true
										 * when watchdog process terminates abnormally
										 */
bool *watchdog_node_escalated = NULL;	/* shared memory variable set to true
										 * when watchdog process has performed escalation
										 */
unsigned int *ipc_shared_key = NULL;   /* key lives in shared memory
										* used to identify the ipc internal
										* clients
										*/