[pgpool-hackers: 2176] New feature candidates for 3.7

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Mar 22 15:40:16 JST 2017

Hi,

I have marked new feature candidate items as in pink color in 3.7
development wiki.

http://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/pgpool-II_3.7_development

Dvelopers will decide which item will be brought in 3.7 by the end of
this March.  So we need to prioritize each item. Here is my suggestion
(from high priority to lower priority order).

1. Import PostgreSQL 10.0 SQL parser (item #61)

2. Health-check timeout for each backend node (item #6).  This is one
   of the long standing desired features. Also my client wants this.

3. Proposal to make backend node failover mechanism quorum aware (item
   #46). It seems this will make Pgpool-II more reliable.

Features below are possible 3.7 features. After completing items
above, if developers would have enough time to work on them, then they
might be brought in 3.7.

- add child process if they go down (item #2)

- make PCP set configuration command public (ite #3)

- Allow to use multiple pgpool-II instances with in-memory query cache
  enabled (item #5)

- verify standby node while finding primary node (item #43)

- certification base authentication (item #62)

- seamless application failover (item #63)