[pgpool-hackers: 2058] Re: Pgpool-II should not perform ping test after bringing down the VIP

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:56:31 JST 2017

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 5:45 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> Usama,
>
> I thought de-escalation and escalation happen sequentially, rather
> than concurrently, but it seems I was wrong. If they happen in
> sequential, you thought seems to be correct.

The new leader election and escalation start as soon as the old master
informs the cluster that it is going down, So escalation and de-escalation
can happen in parallel and it is necessary to ensure minimum down time at
the time of the master node switch.

I will make the necessary changes.

Regards
Muhammad Usama