[pgpool-hackers: 2504] Re: wd_authkey bug (bug tracker #333)

Muhammad Usama m.usama at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 20:53:12 JST 2017

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 4:29 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> I think the restriction (to use watchdog clusters, each Pgpool-II
> major/minor versions are exactly same) is not big deal for users.
>
> Yes that is correct, the restriction to use same major/minor version in
one cluster is not a problem and there may not be any use case where someone
would be inclined towards that. The only thing I was worried about is the
update procedure where a user would want to update the Pgpool-II version
while eliminating
the downtime. But that is a little grey area currently and I was thinking
of creating a lab environment and perform the tests to come up with the
strategy and a document
clearly explaining the recommended procedures to upgrade the cluster from
different versions of Pgpool-II with minimal/no-downtime.
Other than that imposing the restriction of similar versions of Pgpool-II
should not be of any concern for any type of use case.

> So I prefer to go with the change Yugo proposed.

Yes, exactly Yugo's patch is good and we should go with it,.

Thanks
Best Regards
Muhammad Usama