[pgpool-hackers: 2295] Re: proposal: multiple sddresses in listew_addresses

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Apr 27 08:23:46 JST 2017

> Attached is a patch to allow listen_addresses to take a comma
> separated list of addresses.
>
> In the current Pgpool-II, we can not specify multiple addresses
> to listen_addreses in spite of this parameter name, as it is
> possible in postgresql.conf. However, we can already use multiple
> sockets for listening due to IPv6 support[1]. So, we can implement
> this easily.
>
> What do you think about it?

Your patch does not include fix for pgpool.conf.*.  (you said you are
going to make doc fixes. So far so good. but did not say anything
about pgpool.conf.*. I'm worrying about the fix for pgpool.conf.*
might be abandoned.)

BTW, if we go for this direction, it would be desirable to allow
multiple listen addresses for pcp as well.

Also you would want to consider allow to multiple unix socket
directories.

If there is no objectsion, I will
> commit to master this patch with the document fix. Or, if
> features for 3.7 was already fixed, I'll wait until 3.7 branch
> is created.

Committing to master branch is fine.