[pgpool-hackers: 2290] proposal: multiple sddresses in listew_addresses

Yugo Nagata nagata at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Apr 26 13:32:19 JST 2017

Hi developers,

Attached is a patch to allow listen_addresses to take a comma
separated list of addresses.

In the current Pgpool-II, we can not specify multiple addresses
to listen_addreses in spite of this parameter name, as it is
possible in postgresql.conf. However, we can already use multiple
sockets for listening due to IPv6 support[1]. So, we can implement
this easily.

What do you think about it? If there is no objectsion, I will
commit to master this patch with the document fix. Or, if
features for 3.7 was already fixed, I'll wait until 3.7 branch
is created.

[1]
commit 7bebb17816e473e29bf510b2a4de6d3449fca1c2
Author: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at postgresql.org>
Date:   Sun Aug 31 22:28:27 2014 +0900

    Allow pgpool-II bind to IPv6 address.

--