[pgpool-hackers: 1641] Problems when pgpool shuts down abnormally.

Ricardo Larrañaga ricardo.larranaga at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 02:22:09 JST 2016

Hello Guys:
I now you might be releasing a new version soon, and i thought you wanted
to be aware of another problem that i have experienced. Its not major, but
i decided to mention it in case it is a quick fix.

I have seen that sometimes, when pgpool terminates abnormally, it does not
delete the socket files from the temp directory. This in turn causes pgpool
to fail start next time. Deleting the files manually fixes the issue.

I have seen this happening in two cases:

-Bug 00197: When you shut down the interface in the secondary, and pgpool
hangs, if you try to shut down pgpool at that moment (systemctl pgpool
stop), pgpool will take some time to shut down, and it won't delete the
socket files

-When there is an error in the configuration file. (for example, an
inexistent backend_data_directory).

Thanks!
Regards