[pgpool-hackers: 1359] pgpool regards commented out query as an error

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Wed Jan 27 17:00:47 JST 2016

>From bug#154:

"Unable to parse the query: "/* DBD::Pg ping test v3.5.3 */"

Currently pgpool-II throws an error if whole query is a comment
(note that if the query is an empty string it's fine).

I think this is a bug and we should fix it in the near future. For
this, we need to fix raw_parser().

	if (yyresult)				/* error */
		return NIL;

raw_parser() returns NIL when parse error occurs *and* the when query
is null (possible after disregarding SQL comment like this case). So,
we need to distinguish them to handle the reported case correctly.

The empty query string case is fine, because the caller knows that the
query string is actually empty.