[pgpool-hackers: 1309] Re: [pgpool -C option] need more description?

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Wed Jan 6 15:58:07 JST 2016

> Hi Ishii-san,
>
> Thanks for prompt response,

That's certainly doable.

> It could take a decrease in performance when pgpool start.

Yes, I'm afraid that. Maybe we could limit for a use case where we
have a dedicated memcached server, then we could blow out all the
cache entries at once.

BTW, I want to think about the case which we have 2 or more pgpool
instances and they share same memcached server.  For now, that doesn't
work well because oid files are not shared by those pgpool
instances. Probably oid files should move to the memcached server as
well to solve the problem. This is too late for pgpool-II 3.5 and
could be one of TODO items for 3.6.