[pgpool-hackers: 1944] Fixing the arping usage

Antonio Seprano seprano.antonio at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 22:35:14 JST 2016

Hi all,

working (a lot) on pgpool configuration in the last days, we figured out
that it is not possible to stop using arping. Since in our configuration we
can not use it because our servers are on different data centers and
if_up_cmd was failing due to arping error response (because arping, for its
own nature, cannot work in this kind of configuration), we had to change
the sources to allow pgpool to detect our intent in the configuration file
(i.e.: if we force arping_cmd to an empty string, pgpool shouldn't use it).
Hope the patch will be accepted...

Have a nice day,
Antonio Seprano