[pgpool-hackers: 1928] Systemd and SystemV IPC

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Dec 7 14:07:42 JST 2016

Now that a discussion on back-patching fixes for Systemd and SystemV
IPC problems is going on in the PostgreSQL community[1], I think we
need seriously think about how to deal with the problem as
well. Otherwise we would have many complains from users who are using
systemd enabled systems. Probably we ought to do followings:

- Test to confirm if the problem bites us.

- If yes, switch from SystemV IPC to POSIX as PostgreSQL is doning in
  upcoming PostgreSQL 10.

- Decide if we should back-patch the modifications to existing stable
  branches.

- Write a documentations

Comments?

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/32387.1481079186%40sss.pgh.pa.us#32387.1481079186@sss.pgh.pa.us