[pgpool-hackers: 1029] Re: Support policy

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Thu Sep 3 00:23:43 JST 2015

On 09/01/2015 02:32 AM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Now that we are going to release 3.5 this fall, I would like to define
> our official community support policy.
>
> My thought is, support will be back to five releases, which is same as
> what we currently do (supported branches are: 3.4, 3.3, 3,2, 3.1 and
> 3.0).
>
> That means when 3.5 is out, the support for 3.0 will be dropped.

I think this can be a little too fluid. What if one release takes 3
years to get out? Sure, it isn't currently likely but still. My
recommendation is 3 years for standard support, 5 years for EOL support.
After five years, we move on.

Standard Support:

Bug fixes relating to security or data loss

EOL Support:

Security fixes only

Sincerely,

JD