[pgpool-hackers: 1132] Comment to pgpool-II 3.5 watchdog test

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Fri Oct 30 15:37:49 JST 2015

Here are my comments to pgpool-II 3.5 watchdog test.

http://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/pgpool-II_3.5_watchdog_test

#2: this test does not make sense. Watchdog is part of pgpool-II and
 pgpool-II does not allow live upgrading.

#4 and others: Ubuntu 13:04 (13.04?) is already EOL and should not be
 specified as the testing platform. I think choice of testing target
 platform should be left to person who are designing the test (person
 in charge of "how to test" section).  unless it matters to test
 results.

#5.1 "Host-2 should take and respond to query". This is vague. When
 one of node goes away, remained two nodes acts as primary and standby,
 assuming the failover script works as expected. In this case the node
 responding to the query will be either Host-1 or Host-3 depending on
 the query and load balancing condition.